Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Ok, these aren't really the latest photos, but a couple from the South Indian Filmfare Awards which happened last month. These ladies are Trisha and Asin respectively, two of the hottest properties down south. Both are in high demand, both are in their early-20s (though some sites dispute Asin to be 1981-born), both act in all the four South Indian language movies, and both have starred opposite the biggest male stars and with the biggest banners.
Now if those are not impressive resumes, what is? All Southie-turned-Bollywood queens - Vyjayanthimala Bali, Hema Malini, Rekha, Sridevi - started out this way. Hence, we can expect these two lasses, no less talented, making inroads into Hindi cinema soon. Why, Asin is already in demand with the likes of Aamir Khan and Abhishek Bachchan.
So who do you think will come out tops? Here's a relative hit-and-miss:
- Was Miss Salem Steel City, Miss Chennai 1999, and Miss Beautiful Smile at Miss India 2000.
- Best Debut Actress 2003, Best actress 2004 and 2006 (Telugu) at the South Indian Filmfares.
- She replaced Asin in 'Stalin' (2006), starring Chiranjeevi.
- Was a model and businesswoman before turning to acting. Speaks all the South Indian languages, Hindi, English, Sanskrit and French.
- Aamir Khan called her personally and congratulated her on her performance in the Tamil film 'Ghajini'. She will most likely star opposite Aamir in the Hindi remake of the same film.
- She replaced Trisha in 'Maja', starring National Award winner Vikram.
Look at me, drawing up biodatas of these girls. Whatever happened to by bitchy edge? Shit, I'm losing it...
Posted by MP at Tuesday, October 03, 2006